Run VM fusion on Big Sur with Free ‘Personal Use’ License
In November 12, 2020, Apple has published the new OS update — Big Sur.
Many of you may have used VMware fusion on Mac for your project. Unfortunately, you are unable to run those version < VMware fusion 12 on Big sur.
If you accidentally upgraded to Big Sur and run VMware fusion < version 12, you get the error messages below.
You have been warned!
Actions that you can take
1. Downgrade your Mac OS back to Catalina.
Please remember to back up your machine before you do downgrade. You may lost everything if the downgrade failed.
2. Buy the license for VMware fusion 12.
It is gonna cost you some bucks but you save time from downgrading your machine. Plus, you will have the latest update of VMware fusion.
3. Get a Free ‘Personal Use’ License.
Students, Home Users and Open Source contributors can benefit by using VMware Fusion Player, free for non-commercial use.
Quote from VMware website, you can get a free license. Move on to the section below for step-by-step instructions.
- Go to https://vmware.com/go/get-fusionplayer-key
- Login with your account. If you do not have an account, please register.
3. Click the register button.
4. Fill in the details and click submit button.
5. You have the license key!
6. Download the VMware Fusion 12 installer and enter the license to use.
You are able to run VMware fusion without an error!
Side note: Please buy the license if you are using for commercial usage.
Support the genuine, fight against piracy!
That is all! See you next time!